Wednesday, September 05, 2007

back in the old country (for now)

Finally made it back to Perth on Sunday afternoon. Trip uneventful (after we got out of Buenos Aires). The 18:15 plane took off at 22:15 for a 1:45 trip to Santiago. Even allowing for the 1 hour time difference, it was a dismal time sitting in Ezezia watching the clock tick past any hope of catching the 22:45 from Santiago to Auckland.
I was sitting glumly in the plane thinking about how on earth I would find a place to sleep in Santiago until the next flight. Then they announced that they would get us on the flight after all. Fortunately there were enough people connecting from BA for them to hold the connection for a few minutes. My plan for a couple of hours in Santiago airport browsing for semi-precious stones turned into a sprint for the plane, but we made it. That business class seat never looked so attractive.
Long day plus stress plus the pre-take-off champagne must have all added up, because I slept about 7 hours of the 12 hour flight. I think that's a personal record.
3 days back in Perth and I think I am starting to get over the jet lag. Should be back to normal just in time to go back to Argentina...

No comments: